MacDonald Illig is one of the largest law firms in Northwest PA with over 40 attorneys. We are seeking a Corporate/Business Paralegal to assist the attorneys in our Business Transactions Group by providing legal support with general business entity structuring and maintenance and complex business transactions/closings for our business clients. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the formation, maintenance, amendment and dissolution of corporate and limited liability entities and partnerships, and preparation of related organizational documents
- Assist attorney(s) with business transactional closings including mergers, acquisitions and sales
- Organize corporate and limited liability entity records and conduct due diligence reviews
- Maintain corporate and limited liability entity record books for clients including preparation of annual and special resolutions
- Assist in governmental filings related to business entities
- Assist in commercial loan transactions and documentation on behalf of business borrowers
- Prepare Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) financing statements and UCC financing statement amendments
- Initiate lien searches and prepares summaries
- Conduct legal research and drafting as requested
- Complete special projects and other assignments as requested
Skills and experience:
- College degree, approved paralegal certificate, or experience equivalent
- 3+ years of paralegal experience, preferably in Business Transactions or related work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong sense of accountability and taking ownership over projects.
- Ability to work concurrently on a variety of projects; flexibility in shifting focus.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with firm personnel and clients
- Handle confidential information sensitively and discreetly
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, advanced knowledge of Excel preferred
- Proactive approach to finding solutions.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed to meet business and client needs.
As a member of our team, you will enjoy an excellent Benefits package including a 401(k) plan. Salary based on experience. Please send resume to:
Carol Bowen, HR Manager
MacDonald Illig Jones & Britton LLP
100 State Street, Suite 700
Erie, PA 16507