Liberty Bell Award
Does the criteria below remind you of someone you know?
If so, please take a minute to nominate that individual for the Erie County Bar Association's prestigious Liberty Bell Award, to be presented at the Annual Law Day Luncheon on Wednesday, May 8th at the Bayfront Convention Center.
The individual must be a non-lawyer, an Erie resident and meet at least one of the criteria below.
1) Promotion of a better understanding of our Constitution and the Bill of Rights;
2) Encouragement of greater respect for the law and the courts;
3) Stimulation of a deeper sense of individual responsibility so that citizens recognize their duties as well as their rights;
4) Contributing to the effective functioning of our institutions of government; and,
5) Fostering of a better understanding and appreciation of the rule of law.
The award is given to a worthy individual in recognition of community service that has strengthened the American system of freedom under law. Their contribution must be above and beyond the individual’s typical job responsibilities.
Click to view the nomination form and to see a list of past recipients.
For your nomination to be considered, it MUST explain how the individual meets one or more of the specified criteria, provide biographical information and offer as much detail as reasonable. The Law Day Committee will review each nomination submitted.
The deadline for nominations, received at the ECBA office, is Wednesday, March 7, 2014. Thank you.