Bridge the Gap is NOW offered in person and via Zoom.
1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
This is a mandatory program for Newly Admitted Attorneys, offered FREE by the ECBA to those required to attend.
Non-newly admitted attorneys may also attend for credit at the cost below:
- $188.00 (ECBA members)
- $240.00 (non-members)
This course has been approved for 4 hours ethics credit
Bridge the Gap is a program specifically designed to assist recent law school graduates as they make the transition from student to practitioner. This program is part of an ongoing effort to ensure that individuals new to the practice of law help to sustain Pennsylvania's strong and principled legal profession. In doing so, we seek to welcome newly admitted lawyers to their careers, reinforce a culture of lifelong learning, and promote resources for continuing legal education.
- Attendees will understand how to conduct themselves professionally as a lawyer.
- Attendees will implement best practices that help to ensure a good client/attorney relationship.
- Attendees will interact and communicate with court officials, opposing counsel, jurors, and other third parties in an appropriate manner that is in line with the Rules of Professional Conduct and the Code of Civility.
- Attendees will understand the importance of diversity and promote an environment of diversity and inclusion within their practice.
- Attendees will manage their practice in an appropriate manner that is in line with the Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Attendees will know how and why to perform fiduciary responsibilities in an appropriate manner that is in line with the Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Attendees will know the purpose and functions of the Disciplinary Board.
- Attendees will increase their awareness of the resources available to lawyers.
Thomas A. Pendleton, Esquire
MacDonald Illig Jones & Britton LLP
Reservations due to the ECBA office by Monday, August 15, 2022.