About the Erie County Bar Association
|The Erie County Bar Association is a not-for-profit professional association with member attorneys and judges in Northwestern, Pennsylvania.|
|The Erie County Bar Association was founded in May, 1875 " for the purpose of maintaining the honor and dignity of the profession of the law, of cultivating social relations among its members and increasing its usefulness in promoting the due administration of justice.” Although the practice of law has changed dramatically over the past century, the mission of our Bar Association has not.|
We remain dedicated to maintaining professional standards of the highest caliber, advancing the administration of justice, and serving the interests of our varied constituencies without compromise.
The Erie County Bar Association serves the lawyers, judges and the public of Erie County, Pennsylvania by assisting our members in the practice of law and by engaging in activities that promote the public's understanding of and respect for our American system of law and justice.
- To provide members with appropriate opportunities for education.
- To provide programs, services and staff assistance to facilitate the practice of law.
- To provide opportunities for collegiality and networking among members.
- To promote high standards of civility, professionalism and ethical conduct.
- To increase the public's awareness of the programs and services available to them through the ECBA and its membership.
- To promote and conduct public education on legal matters.
- To assist in representing those in our community who need an attorney.