PBI Groupcast - 3 hours substantive credit
*LUNCH IS INCLUDED*
- $274 (member)
- $254 (admitted after 1/1/08)
- $294 (nonmember)
Early Registration - If you register more than 2 days before this presentation you will qualify for this Early Registration Fee: $249 (member) $229 (admitted after 1/1/08) $269 (nonmember)
Register below and mail in your check (payable to PBI) to the ECBA office or pay online through www.pbi.org
Learn what you need to know about SORNA (Sex Offenders Registration and Notification Act)
- Who will have to register?
- What offenses are covered by this Act?
- What are the registration procedures?
- How long is the defendant required to be registered?
- What is the effective date?
- What are the penalties for not registering?
- How should you counsel your client?
Find out how this change in Pennsylvania law relates to other laws and agencies
- Examine state actions and issues related to SORNA provisions of the Federal Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act
- Hear a discussion highlighting state and federal case law related to SORNA
- Get updated on supplemental guidelines issued by the U.S. Attorney General
- Review the intersection with the Juvenile Court Rules
- Explore the possible impact of SORNA on treatment communities
- Evaulate the jurisdictional reporting requirements
- Consider the relationship to an ineffective assistance of delinquency counsel claim
Walk away with confidence to handle these matters
- Receive a case law update for both Pennsylvania and U.S. Supreme Court cases
- Acquire the skills you need to properly advise your client on pleas and sentencing issues
Registration begins at Noon.