PBI Groupcast - 4 hours substantive
*Lunch is included*
- $254 (member)
- $234 (admitted after 1/1/08)
- $274 (nonmember)
Early Registration - If you register more than 2 days before this presentation you will qualify for this Early Registration Fee: $229 (member) $209 (admitted after 1/1/08) $249 (nonmember)
Register below and mail in your check (payable to PBI) to the ECBA office or pay online through www.pbi.org
Learn why dog bite claims are a multi-million dollar business
- More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs annually
- Dog bites account for approximately one-third of all homeowner insurance liability claims
- 40% of households own a dog
- Some insurance companies have created “breed exclusions” – what does that mean?
- Which breeds are most/least likely to inflict bite injuries?
Discover why the “one bite rule” is part myth
- Learn why dog bite claims aren’t a “strict liability” concept in Pennsylvania
- Explore the intersection of criminal and civil dog statutes
- Understand the roles of law enforcement, dog wardens, animal control officers and humane officers in dog bite cases
- Come away with skills to evaluate whether to accept a dog bite case and when they can be successfully defended
Understand the motivations and provocations that lead to a dog bite
- Hear from an expert trainer and a veterinarian
- Get insight into the different types of dog aggression
- Become better prepared to handle your next (or first!) dog bite case
Evaluate value and liability
- How much is your case worth?
- Can you hold a third party liable for the behavior of someone else’s dog?
Registration begins at 11:30 a.m.