» How Physician Orders for Life-sustaining Treatment (POLST), Living Wills and DNR Orders are Affecting your Clients' Safety
From 12:15 pm until 1:45 pm
ECBA Live Lunch-n-Learn
presented in cooperation with its Estates & Trusts Section
This seminar has been approved by the PA CLE Board for 1.5 hours of substantive law credits.
- $53 (ECBA member/non-attorney staff)
- $80 (nonmember)
- $37 (member Judge not needing CLE)
Speaker: Dr. Fred L. Mirarchi
Medical Director, UPMC Hamot, Department of Emergency Medicine
- Identify the difference between an effective vs. enacted living will and their applications in clinical practice
- Discuss and identify definitions of terminal condition or persistent vegetative state as they apply to living wills and reveal how they are misunderstood in clinical practice
- Manage response to advanced directives and living wills to minimize patient safety risks
- Discuss the implementation of PA-POLST in Pennsylvania and its impact on the living will
- Review the preliminary results of TRIAD VI - PA Emergency Medicine Experience with POLST
Reservations are due to the ECBA office by Wednesday, October 16.
Registration begins at 11:45 a.m.
Registration Cost: See Registration Form For Details
Bayfront Convention Center
(1 Sassafras Pier, Erie, Pennsylvania 16507)