Registration/Lunch: 11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Seminar: 12:15 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Cost: $47 ECBA Members (Judges & Attorneys) and their Non-Attorney Staff
1.0 hour Substantive CLE/CJE
Kathleen Riley is the Judicial Services Liaison for Smart Start in Pennsylvania & West Virginia. Before starting with Smart Start in 2012, Ms. Riley worked for the WV DMV – DUI Interlock Department as a Customer Service Representative, handling DUI clients from the initial phone call right through to the completion of the WV Test & Lock Program. Her responsibilities also included handling all violations reports and working with out-of-state DUI clients, who had a WV DUI requirement. Ms. Riley holds a BS in Marketing from Indiana University of PA and lived and worked in the Pittsburgh area for over 13 years as a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative, which gives her a unique perspective on DUID’s. Although her home is in West Virginia, Kathy is proud to exclaim that Pennsylvania is her home state and that she is a Clinton County girl at heart.
This one-hour lunch and learn session will be offered in a presentation format meant to educate attendees on the requirements of the Ignition Interlock program for Pennsylvania, as well as review the changes that occurred when Act 33 went into effect on August 25, 2017 and discuss changes that occurred in October 2018. Attendees will be better prepared to answer questions and provide information, so they may help their clients through the Interlock process and limit the issues, violations, and concerns their clients may have. Plenty of time will be provided for attendee questions.
Topics covered will include:
• What an Ignition Interlock is and how does it work?
• The effectiveness of Ignition Interlocks
• Act 33 & how it affects your DUI clients
• Act 30 - What changed in October: Surrendering of License, ARD - Interlock Optional
• Client’s requirements for Ignitions Interlock: Notification of Suspension/Restoration Letter, Eligibility, Suspension Time, PennDOT paperwork, Install vs. Self Certification
• What happens at install and monthly service appointment?
• What are considered violations and how are they determined?
• Fees incurred by client
• Troubleshooting issues
Reservations due to the ECBA office by Tuesday, February 19, 2019