Registration: 11:45 a.m.
Seminar: 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
$47 - ECBA Members (Judges & Attorneys) and their Non-attorney Staff
$60 - Non-members
This course has been approved for 1 Hour Ethics CLE
- SafeNet is Erie’s only accredited domestic violence agency. SafeNet has been providing services to 1,500 people annually, including victims of domestic violence, and provides these comprehensive services free of charge. SafeNet provides: an emergency shelter, counseling and advocacy, legal representation, children’s programs, education and training and transitional housing.
- The Crime Victim Center of Erie County provides a full continuum of services to victims and witnesses of any type of crime including sexual assault, homicide, simple and aggravated assault, robbery, home invasion, and child and elder abuse. Trained Counselor Advocates provide crisis intervention, counseling, accompaniment through the criminal justice and medical systems, and victim compensation and restitution assistance to help victims cope and begin healing. Services: 24/7 hotline / crisis intervention, individual and group counseling, individual therapy, prevention education, accompaniment to police, medical, and court proceedings, assistance in filing for victim compensation and restitution, satellite offices, mandated reporter training, equine therapy for trauma and sexual abuse survivors.
- Hon. Cynthia Eddy is the Chief United States Magistrate Judge for the U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania. She is active in numerous organizations and initiatives, including the Rise Re-entry Court, the Allegheny County Bar Association, the ACBA Federal Court Council, Phipps Conservatory and Habitat for Humanity.
- Hon. John Trucilla has served the citizens of Erie County since taking the bench in 2002. He has diligently worked to ensure access to the Courts for all citizens including indigent and pro se litigants. Judge Trucilla has worked closely with members of the Bar to uphold the integrity and dignity of the practice of law.
- Hon. Richard Lanzillo is a United States Magistrate Judge in the Erie Division of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. He has been active in the Erie County Bar Association and served as the Association’s president in 2015. He is active in many other local charities and civic organizations.
- Amy Blackman, Co-assistant Director and Director of Prevention Education, has been with the Crime Victim Center of Erie County for over 20 years. She has provided programming and presentations to thousands of individuals on both the local and state levels. She serves as the Chair of the Education Committee for the Pennsylvania Association of Sexual Assault Centers and is the agency representative on the Erie County Child Abuse Prevention Task Force.
- Robyn Young is the Director of Domestic Violence Services and Interim Executive Director for SafeNet. She has been working in the field of domestic violence for 23 years and joined SafeNet in 2008. As SafeNet’s Director of Domestic Violence Services, she regularly provides educational and professional programming.
Reservations due to the ECBA office by September 16, 2021.