Registration: 11:45 a.m.
Seminar: 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
$47 - ECBA Members (Judges & Attorneys) and their Non-attorney Staff
$60 - Non-members
This course has been approved for 1 Hour Substantive CLE
THREE GOALS ATTENDEES CAN EXPECT:
1. PennDOT Medical Unit: When a client has had their driving privileges revoked due to a medical incident, doctors report, state police report, etc. learn what a driving evaluation consists of and how this evaluation could be helpful in court cases. Learn how to navigate the PennDOT licensing system.
2. Worker Compensation (including CDL): We have an Occupational Therapist on staff that specializes in driving rehabilitation. Learn how we can help determine if someone injured on the job is able to return to driving and/or return with vehicle modifications.
3. Driver Rehabilitation Program: Learn what the minimum functional requirements of the PA Law are to drive and what driving rehab means to individuals who have suffered an injury, have a medical or cognitive condition and may be required by PennDOT to be tested or have their vehicle modified in order to continue driving.
Brenda Bennett, LPI, CDRS
President, R&B Bennett Enterprises, Inc. dba, Transportation Solutions
• President and Founder of Transportation Solutions
• Transportation Solutions founded in 1997
• Expanded and opened Peach Street Notary in 2018
• 2017 Erie Counties Woman Entrepreneur of the Year
• Certified Driver Rehab Specialist
• Licensed Driving Instructor
• Vice President of PA Professional Driving Schools
• Work with legislation to have a law passed in 2014 that allows private driving schools to be a third party test site for PennDOT.
• Member of Erie Rotary, Erie Women’s Fund, Driving Schools of America, Independent Council of Aging, Empower Erie - Regional Chamber and many more.
• I have 35 years experience in the transportation industry
Bridget Minnick is a nationally registered occupational therapist licensed in the state of PA. She graduated from Angelo State University in Texas with a bachelor’s degree in biology before attending Eastern Washington University of Spokane, Washington where she earned a master’s degree in occupational therapy in 2014. Bridget joined the team at Transportation Solutions in 2014 and became a Certified Driving Rehabilitation Specialist in 2015. She has been specializing in driver rehabilitation evaluation and treatment since that time and enjoys helping clients with a wide array of physical and cognitive disabilities gain independence through driving.
Kevin M. Monahan, Esquire, Marsh Schaaf, LLP., Moderator
PLEASE NOTE: Due to Gov. Tom Wolf’s COVID-19 facility restrictions, the ECBA will hold programs live when possible, via Zoom or a combination of both. The Will J. Schaaf & Mary B. Schaaf Education Center can ONLY seat 16 people. Once that limit has been reached, the remaining registrants can participate in the CLE via Zoom.
Reservations due to the ECBA office by Friday, October 30, 2020.