This seminar has been approved for 1 hour Substantive CLE/CJE credit.
Join our authoritative speaker for a program that will benefit attorneys and judges who encounter border or immigration issues in the Criminal, Education, Family and Immigration areas!
James K. Vogel, Esquire
Senior Attorney, US Customs and Border Protection
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Georgia
For the past 15 years, Attorney Vogel has been with US Customs and Border Protection as both an instructor and providing general legal counsel. Prior to that, he was a highly respected First District Attorney in Erie under District Attorneys Rusty Cunningham and Joe Conti. Attorney Vogel also worked with Brad Foulk when he was District Attorney.
Some of the topics to be included in this informal discussion:
• Issues regarding deportation of non-immigrant visitors or lawful permanent residents who are convicted of crimes;
• Impact of one’s criminal record upon admissibility of non-citizens;
• Admissibility generally (note: issues related to entry into Canada or Mexico are for officials of those countries)
• Border search authority as it relates to both citizens and non-citizens;
• Information about resources for US citizens traveling abroad.
Reservations due to the ECBA office by Thursday, August 15.
Cost: $47 ECBA Members (Judges & Attorneys) and their Non-Attorney Staff; $60 Non-Members